Oooooh – little sprouts!

Oooooh – little sprouts!

Not just a repository for overwintering the myriad of pots and plants that I gathered last year in the Spring, the greenhouse is also a place to start some new plants early.

Kallie helped me plant some seeds a few weeks ago, and lo and behold, we have some basil sprouts coming up and 1 tomato plant.
I keep them on the ground down close to the heater, so their soil can stay warm, and it seems to have worked.  Now I’ll have to go through all my  seed packets and see what else I can sow.
I have several Heirloom tomato seed packets from Tomato Bob that I ordered online.  Can’t wait to see if I can get some of them to grow and start them in the ground as nice plants by the time I can put them outside.
Wish me luck (I think you know that I am officially seed challenged!).
By | 2016-04-14T02:44:42+00:00 January 18th, 2009|basil, Blog, seeds, Sharing Nature's Garden, tomatoes|0 Comments

1. Mrs Flam January 18, 2009 at 10:07 am - Reply

Congrats 🙂 Mine just started the second time (my son demolished my first round)

2. Lisa at Greenbow January 18, 2009 at 10:45 am - Reply

Looks like you have a good start. I wish you continued luck.

3. Diana January 18, 2009 at 11:04 am - Reply

Mrs. Flam – well, double good luck with yours!

Lisa — I sure hope so, thanks for the good karma.

4. Wayne Stratz January 18, 2009 at 11:26 am - Reply

good for you. I saw some new sprouts on Friday that made my day also. came through blotanical

5. DirtDigger (Tessa) January 18, 2009 at 11:33 am - Reply

Well, I too can be seed starting challenged! I seed to over watering, more than anything, and that’s evident of the green soil that can be found on many a seedling in my greenhouse! Hope all goes well with your babies- I’ll check out Tomato Bod’s site, I’ve never heard of him- go figure!

6. ConsciousGardener January 18, 2009 at 1:09 pm - Reply

Best of Luck! What’s your favorite heirloom tomato?

7. Gail January 19, 2009 at 8:30 am - Reply

Congrats on the seedlings! Diana…I love the new photo (or am I just noticing it). gail

8. Diana January 19, 2009 at 8:48 am - Reply

Wayne — Little seedlings just make us long for Spring, don't they?

Tessa – well, I guess green soil is a telltale sign — I'll keep an eye out for it. Good luck with yours. Tomato Bob is a great site – eye candy for gardeners. Enjoy it.

Conscious gardener – I suppose it would be Brandywine; I had poor success with them the last two years. I have 5 new varieties in tiny packets, so I am hoping for a new favorite this year. I love the look of the Zebras.

Gail – Thanks. It is a new photo. I thought I should put it up in honor of this week. We're a very political family, (My DH worked for Clinton in the campaign & White House and I've run campaigns & done US House and Senate direct mail campaigns) but I usually keep it off my garden blog. That's not why you read my blog, after all. But I just couldn't help myself!