Snow!

Snow!

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

By | 2016-04-14T02:44:43+00:00 December 10th, 2008|Blog, Sharing Nature's Garden, Uncategorized|0 Comments

1. Gail December 10, 2008 at 7:22 am - Reply

No way! We have 2 inches or more of rain on the ground! It’s beginning to feel like a Nashville Christmas!

Was there enough for a snowball or even a tiny snowman? Gail

2. Diana December 10, 2008 at 7:34 am - Reply

There is enough for a snowball, and I just posted more pictures to this same post. It’s always a big treat for us here since it’s such a rarity. It sure got Kallie hopping out of bed this morning.

3. Robin's Nesting Place December 10, 2008 at 8:35 am - Reply

Beautiful snow pictures! It looks like you have your greenhouse full already! I’m sure those plants were nice and toasty warm during the snow.

4. Lisa at Greenbow December 10, 2008 at 5:24 pm - Reply

Every where we go…

5. Diana December 10, 2008 at 8:51 pm - Reply

Robin — the heater keeps the greenhouse about 48-50 when it’s freezing outside. I have a second heater I can use if it gets colder! But they all seem pretty happy in there. We can usually count the freezing days on one hand over the winter!

Lisa — it took me a second, and now I can’t stop humming it … haven’t seen a Five and Ten in a while, though!

6. Annie in Austin December 11, 2008 at 10:59 am - Reply

What a good thing it was to get that Christmas present/greenhouse early, Diana – you didn’t have to run around with sheets, trying to cover plants like everyone else in Austin ;-]

The water in my birdbaths was solid ice this morning – guess it’s winter.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

7. Diana December 11, 2008 at 2:10 pm - Reply

Annie – no – I didn’t even try to save my perennials, and my pots were safe at 44 degrees last night. I saw that my birdbath was frozen too, and the birds were very grateful to have lots of seeds outside. They were pretty fluffed up flying around!

8. angel December 13, 2008 at 8:19 am - Reply

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Alena

9. Diana December 13, 2008 at 9:43 am - Reply

Angel – thanks for the kind comments. It’s so fun to read about what’s going on in everyone’s garden, isn’t it? I’m always amazed at what different things I see across the country.

10. Bob December 14, 2008 at 10:39 pm - Reply

It was 82 degrees in the morning and 24 degrees that night. Just another normal Texas december. Ugh

11. ConsciousGardener December 17, 2008 at 3:57 pm - Reply

Nice shots! YOu got more snow than we did…I don’t know if it feels more like Christmas or not…the darkness just depresses me…I’m ready for some Texas winter sun!

12. Diana December 17, 2008 at 4:20 pm - Reply

Conscious Gardener — I know what you mean. I don’t mind some cold and the snow was fun, but the sun can come back out now! The good news is that it’s supposed to be warm for 3 days.

13. Diana December 20, 2008 at 6:59 am - Reply

I can’t believe it’s 78 today and drops 30 degrees tomorrow. That’s Texas!

14. Diana December 20, 2008 at 7:08 am - Reply

Maybe I will garden some today…

15. sweet bay December 22, 2008 at 9:38 am - Reply

I envy you your greenhouse. It’s beautiful!

16. Diana December 22, 2008 at 9:49 am - Reply

Thanks, Sweet Bay — my plants are sure toasty warm in it today. It’s 29 here this morning, but 51 in the greenhouse. And, my garage isn’t a huge mess of dead leaves and dormant stalks!

17. Anonymous January 14, 2009 at 9:56 pm - Reply

Just quietly spreading the news that Carol (maydreamsgardens) will be turning 50 on January 21,2009. Please spread the word and drop her a line on the 21st. I work with her and want to be sure she has a fun milestone birthday celebration. If you can share this with her other blogger friends, I would appreciate it. Thank you, dq6302@comcast.net