Meet the wrens!

Meet the wrens!

I was out feeding the birds this morning when I heard the familiar “cheep cheep cheep” of baby birds.

I was delighted to find that Mr. and Mrs. Wren had made a nest and a little family in the gourd I bought a few months ago.
 I thought it was very colorful and a welcoming home, and apparently they did, too!
Mrs. fussed mightily at me when I tried to get close and see the babies inside, but they were too far back to get a glimpse of them, much less a photo, so I left them in peace.

Cute, isn’t it?

By | 2016-04-14T02:45:12+00:00 June 23rd, 2008|baby birds, Blog, Sharing Nature's Garden, wrens|0 Comments

1. Layanee June 23, 2008 at 8:10 am - Reply

Diana: I have some of those gourds hanging around and need to make some houses out of them. That one is so cute and it does make a great home.

2. Diana June 23, 2008 at 8:26 am - Reply

Layanee — It is cute, but I didn’t hollow it out or paint it! Though it’s one of those things I’d look at and say, I could do that, but then never do, so I just bought it!

3. beckie June 23, 2008 at 11:41 am - Reply

A lovely home for the Wren family. So glad they chose it and you have the pleasure of watching them.

4. Lisa at Greenbow June 23, 2008 at 1:47 pm - Reply

What a colorful home for your wrens Diana. I have those sweet little birds in our garden too. I just love watching them skittering around collecting bugs for their brood.

5. Shellmo June 23, 2008 at 3:32 pm - Reply

I love that birdhouse – a great home for your wrens!

6. Diana June 23, 2008 at 4:17 pm - Reply

beckie – I keep sneaking out there to watch the Mama from afar. It’s amazing how they nurture those babies.

Lisa — and how they fuss at anyone that gets too close, like other birds or the neighbor’s cat, or ME!

Shellmo – it is too cute, isn’t it. Not sure how easy it will be to clean out, though…

7. Aunt Debbi/kurts mom June 23, 2008 at 9:46 pm - Reply

Darling

8. Christine June 25, 2008 at 12:20 pm - Reply

I have some seeds for those gourds, but forgot to plant them, hum, I wonder if its too late…..
    Yours is beautiful!