It’s a beautiful day in my neighborhood …

It’s a beautiful day in my neighborhood …

Wow. Never mind what’s blooming in my garden today.

I wanted to share with you some of the amazing sights that I enjoy on my daily neighborhood walks with Tanner.

As I was taking these pictures, I was humming that infamous Mister Rogers tune ~~ don’t hate me if you start humming it to yourself now!

Stunning and soft blooms on this prickly cactus.

A close-up of native Agarita berries bursting forth.
Lantana and yuccas make a nice couple!
More blooms,
And a yellow blooming yucca – much less common than the red.
Mexican feather grass blowing in the breeze.

Have a lovely day!

By | 2016-04-14T02:45:14+00:00 May 8th, 2008|Blog, Sharing Nature's Garden, Uncategorized|0 Comments

1. Christine May 8, 2008 at 10:15 am - Reply

I sure hope your feeling better, I know I finally am. Now my 17 year old is getting sick! I love daylilies, my Mom gave me a bunch. Watch out, they love to fill in!

2. Carol May 8, 2008 at 12:35 pm - Reply

It is a beautiful day in your neighborhood! It’s a rainy day in mine.

3. Carol May 8, 2008 at 12:36 pm - Reply

It is a beautiful day in your neighborhood! It’s a rainy day in mine.

4. Carol May 8, 2008 at 12:36 pm - Reply

It is a beautiful day in your neighborhood! It’s a rainy day in mine.

5. Lisa at Greenbow May 8, 2008 at 2:17 pm - Reply

What beautiful blooms and berries in your neighborhood. It has been pouring rain most of the day here.
    I used to have a cactus like the one blooming in your pictures.

6. Pam/Digging May 8, 2008 at 9:08 pm - Reply

Mexican feathergrass stands in for a weathervane in my garden. I always know with a glance whether a cold front has arrived or warm air is pushing up from the Gulf.

7. Diana May 10, 2008 at 7:54 am - Reply

Christine – Well, I do hope they fill in, and if they get to be too invasive, I’ll just share them with all my blogging friends!

Carol & Lisa – sorry you had so much rain. It was 95 here yesterday, but it’s supposed to get back to the 80’s this week – which is normal. Lisa – where were you when you had that cactus?

Pam – that’s true – you can tell a lot about what’s happening with the weather by your garden.

8. Annie in Austin May 12, 2008 at 7:56 pm - Reply

Hi Diana,

If you’re well enough to plant daylilies and go on photo walks you must be on the mend! The grasses and cactus flowers are beautiful.

I brought a handful of daylilies with me from my collection back in IL – only 4 are still alive. I think the others needed a longer dormancy period. I see you have a few of the elegant spider-types on your list – hope they make it!

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

9. Diana May 14, 2008 at 5:52 am - Reply

Annie – thank you – I am on the mend. Seems it’s just slower the older I get! The daylilies seem quite happy for now, At least for the daylilies, I’ve kept a good record of exactly what I planted, so I can track it and learn from my mistakes!