Pruning …

Pruning …

It’s not quite pruning time in the garden yet again, but it was pruning time in our house this week! We waited until after the Daddy-Daughter Ball, and then we cut Kallie’s hair. We donated 11 inches to Locks of Love where they make wigs for children who’ve lost their hair due to various diseases.
She loves it, and while I was briefly traumatized, (I walked into the salon with a little girl and walked out with a big girl), it’s so stinkin’ cute that I’m thrilled. And no tangles. And it looks perfect from the minute she wakes up in the morning. Yeah.

NEW BLOG!

We have a new Austin blog, and I hope you’ll go check it out. It’s Austin Urban Gardener and looks great. Hope to see you there.

By | 2017-11-29T23:27:54+00:00 April 17th, 2008|Blog, Sharing Nature's Garden, Uncategorized|0 Comments

1. Cindy April 17, 2008 at 11:07 am - Reply

What a wonderful thing for Kallie to do! She looks cute as can be and the no tangle factor should make life better for both of you!

2. Dee/reddirtramblings April 17, 2008 at 11:23 am - Reply

What a beautiful thing to do and what a beautiful girl. You are a wonderful mother that she knows about “Locks of Love.”

Diana, could you email me? I don’t have your email addy, and I want to send you an Oklahoma gift.~~Dee

nashgarden@gmail.com

3. robyn April 17, 2008 at 11:37 am - Reply

thanks so much for the comment. your site looks great as well and I’m excited to learn from all of your gardening designs and experience!

robyn

4. Annie in Austin April 17, 2008 at 1:25 pm - Reply

Hugs to both of you at Sharing Nature’s Garden for this other way of Sharing ~

Annie

5. Pam/Digging April 17, 2008 at 1:47 pm - Reply

The new ‘do looks really cute. Shorter is so much easier! You’ll both love it. And donating to Locks of Love must have made it easier for you—great idea.

6. Lisa at Greenbow April 17, 2008 at 5:34 pm - Reply

Way to go Kallie. You are such a beautiful young lady. Your new do suits you.

7. Layanee April 17, 2008 at 6:38 pm - Reply

She has gorgeous hair, even short! What a cutie!

8. Christine April 17, 2008 at 7:23 pm - Reply

My oldest daughter is wanting to cut her hair, to cut down on the tangles. You’ve inspired me, just maybe………

9. Diana April 17, 2008 at 7:43 pm - Reply

Cindy – Washed it for the first time tonight and not ONE tangle! Whoo hoo!

Dee- Aww – you’re sweet. It’s such a good cause and it’s a good lesson for her to think about others. I’m emailing you in a minute!

Robyn – I met for lunch with a few Austin bloggers and we talked about your site. Glad to have you.

Annie – thanks for the hugs. You can never have too many 🙂

Pam – what a difference. I can’t get over it. How much hassle I could have saved years ago.

Lisa – I read your comments to Kallie – she was beaming. Thanks.

Layanee – I didn’t realize what good hair she had, all weighed down and long like that. It’s really thick – whod’ve guessed?

Christine — It would be sooooo much easier for summer and swimming and daily shampooing. I dried it completely tonight to see if I could do it the same – nothing to it. Next I’ll let it dry naturally and see how it turns out.

10. Bonnie April 17, 2008 at 9:39 pm - Reply

She’s so cute- with and without the new haircut. But I love the cut. Very vogue!

11. Diana April 18, 2008 at 5:43 am - Reply

Bonnie – thanks! It is really stylin’, isn’t it? Makes her seem so grown up, and even more precocious!

12. Dumuro April 18, 2008 at 5:43 am - Reply

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

13. Robin (Bumblebee) April 18, 2008 at 2:11 pm - Reply

OMG, I think this will make me cry. What a fabulous thing for Kallie to do. And what a sweetheart. I know how proud you are of her. Rightly so!

Robin at Bumblebee

14. Diana April 18, 2008 at 7:53 pm - Reply

Robin – Aww – thanks! She’s a pretty sweet girl. And so grown-up, now!