When Mother Nature gives you rain…

When Mother Nature gives you rain…

Today it was 47 with 25 mph winds and raining.  It was the kind of day that makes you want to stay inside and curl up with a good book.

And while I didn’t do that, I did do some computer clean-up work in the office all day. And when I picked up Kallie from Kindergarten, she had a plan for our evening:
  • Chicken Pot Pie for dinner
  • Hot Chocolate after dinner
  • Curling up in my chair with me with the fireplace going
Sounded like a good plan to me, so that’s just what we did tonight!
This picture is a series of window clings she has on her window — it’s bright and cheerful and I thought it would perk me, and this post, up on a grey day.
Wednesday promises to be garden-worthy again — whoo hoo!
By | 2016-04-14T02:47:52+00:00 March 3rd, 2008|Blog, Sharing Nature's Garden, Uncategorized|0 Comments

1. Lisa at Greenbow March 3, 2008 at 9:05 pm - Reply

Very perky.

2. GardenJoy4Me March 4, 2008 at 6:41 am - Reply

You really have to have snow on the ground STILL to fully appreciate that fireplace and hot chocolate ! LOL
    Joy

3. Zulkijora March 4, 2008 at 6:54 am - Reply

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4. Diana March 4, 2008 at 6:56 am - Reply

Lisa – they are perky, aren’t they? But last night’s possible freeze may have squelched my perk!

Joy – Yes, I know you’re right. But we were just trying to emulate you guys! We did get a light freeze last night that probably killed a lot of things, so now we’re all in the same boat again!

5. Sherry at the Zoo March 4, 2008 at 7:04 am - Reply

Chicken pot pie and hot chocolate. Sounds perfect for our weather up here…

6. Diana March 4, 2008 at 7:47 am - Reply

Sherry – Spring will be there before you know it!

7. Christine March 4, 2008 at 4:17 pm - Reply

OOOooooooooooo chicken pot pie does sound good. But, I have never found a recipe I like, and I’ve tried several. My family doensn’t complain, I make poppy seed chicken instead.

8. Diana March 4, 2008 at 4:42 pm - Reply

Well, I’m not sure it’s all about the pot pie – just something hot and gooey and creamy! Poppy seed chicken sounds yummy, too.